We are dedicated to working to the highest standards while offering a friendly and fun training service. We also believe that testimonials and reviews from our past students and members are essential to potential new class members. Please find below reviews left by current and past class members.
“THE INSTRUCTORS ARE ALL WONDERFUL”
My first dog was a stray that I found running loose in a main street in Possilpark. After homing him it soon became evident that the reason he was in the streets was HE WAS A RUNNER!!! He had been in the SSPCA a few times and they microchipped him. I wanted to keep him and it was crucial for both his and my safety that I had to get this under control.
I joined Bearsden Dog Training Club and after three weeks he was a totally different and much happier, secure, friendly, loyal dog. I couldn't thank Jim Barnes and Jim Hendry enough at the time, as they spent a lot of extra time with me and gave me lots of free behavioural advice. He was a special, wonderful dog that humans had ruined by not treating him right and not spending quality time with him, so he kept leaving home. Training changed all that. Sadly he died, but along came the new pup.
A whirlwind with lots of fun and energy! We started as soon as she was old enough and actually got to Advanced level. We had many great times and great fun training, and would highly recommend training as it builds up such a special bond with your pet. I believe that every dog should be well trained, and the Instructors at Bearsden are the best. Thanks to all of you .
FUN & INFORMATIVE CLASSES
The instructors make you feel very welcome and provide fun and informative classes. It's wonderful to see how regular training sessions are changing our dog! He's so much more relaxed around other dogs now and seems to really enjoy learning new commands.
So, yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks!
ENJOYABLE BUT INFORMATIVE ATMOSPHERE
Have found the relaxed, enjoyable but informative atmosphere at the classes very helpful for my rescue dog and myself over the past 18 months we have been coming.
All the dogs and owners have different strengths and weakness, and I've found we have all supported and encouraged each other and take great pleasure in seeing the end results.
Feedback from our February 2019 Course
Class was clear & easy to understand & didn't move on too quickly
Helped Bernie's confidence leaps & bounds! Also helped teach him the basics, now he is 100% better on the lead
Which also allows for us to let him off the lead in some situations..
Very helpful in all respects.
Excellent to be able to work in small groups.
Dog learned a lot, so did I
Very impressed with our trainer.
Very helpful, clear communication, repetition of exercise very
Very good, enjoyed the way it was taught.
Given in a clear & concise manner.
They have taught me crucial info. for me and my dogs safety.
Interaction was encouraged& was very enjoyable.
Good insight into dog ownership.
Informative & good humoured.
Mainly common sense, but learned new things
Extremely useful we learned a lot.
Enjoyed this, handout was very good & clear.
Very welcoming, Patient & enthusiastic.
Very pleasant, friendly, helpful & supportive.
Very relaxed & informative
All very knowledgeable & able to have a laugh
All friendly & educated.
100% thumbs up, all help has been very much appreciated
Really good at showing how to handle the dogs.
FEEDBACK – Taken from our Novice Feedback Forms
- Dog much more obedient
- Good basic training
- Gave me a great foundation to build on
- All very helpful and appreciated the small class, also didn’t last too long so that both dog and owner could become stressed and tired
- Very enjoyable for both myself and the dog
- Good practical training provided on dog handling
- Builds confidence in owning and caring for your dog
- Covered a good range of exercises
- It was fun,and it was good to teach my dog good habits
- Good to practice routines with the instructor then at home
- Quite challenging but enjoyable and rewarding
- Good length of time
- Run at a manageable pace
- Very useful
- Learned a lot I didn’t know
- Some sessions were long, more of them needed to be/could have been compressed
- I enjoyed then but some were repetitive and could have been delivered in half the time
- Maybe encourage more interaction – Q & A session during the talk
- Talks were very helpful although I would not manage some of the first aid
- There was a lot of information that I didn’t know before
- Made you think in depth about issues you may have taken for granted
- Didn’t know there were so many rules to owning a dog
- Very informative
- Informative and fun
- Covered a good range of topics
- Enjoyed the discussions & being able to ask questions
- Sometimes talks varied in length & interest
- Lots of good tips
- Made things very clear
- Excellently presented, easy to follow, lots of interesting information and anecdotes
- Just right
- Very helpful in all respects
- dog learned a lot so did I
- Extremely useful we learned a lot
How did you find the Instructors:
- Very helpful and friendly
- Extremely helpful
- Very knowledgeable & approachable
- Invaluable & very helpful
- So helpful, approachable & reassuring
- The instructors were very kind, helpful and approachable and most of all patient
- Generally very good some better than others
- Calm, helpful and patient
- Very professional,learnt lots and had fun, found the whole course helpful
- Pleasant, precise and firm, lovely patient people
- excellent, patient,encouraging and passionate about dog training and well humoured with good knowledge
- Great sense of humour
- very relaxed and informative
- 100% thumbs up, all help has been very much appreciated
- All very knowledgeable and able to have a laugh
- All very friendly and welcoming
Comments/suggestions for improvement:
- Both the dog and I really enjoyed the course – thank you to everyone involved
- I enjoyed the classes so much I sometimes wish they lasted a bit longer
- Very well run club, with enthusiastic trainers who also make the sessions very enjoyable
- Nothing I can think of
- Really enjoyed classes & found them very helpful
- Smaller class allowed us to tackle personal issues
- Everything was good
- Keep up the dedication and love of dogs
Feedback: Taken from our puppy socialisation course forms
Enjoyed playtime and toys with the dogs
As a family we thoroughly enjoyed every week and always came away with having learned something
Covered basics and gave us something to work on each week
Focus on socialisation with only small elements of training extremely appropriate
Found the practical side to be so useful
the off lead play was so useful as it demonstrated what puppy play looked like and made us less nervous
It was a good starting place in Benji’s training
plenty practical tips
Fabulous could ask anything
Good, structured talks relevant to training stage
It was interesting to hear about topics we may not have thought about
Made to feel comfortable,relaxed atmosphere
Friendly, approachable,and informative
very friendly and informative
Offered good advice tailored to suit each individual dog
The instructors have given me confidence to allow my tiny dog to socialise with her bigger counterparts when out and about at parks etc.
Very knowledgeable and well in control.
We have learned so much about dog behaviour which has been so good being first time dog owners, now we are not so nervous meeting other dogs when out and about
Loved it so much and looking forward to the next stage
Nothing to improve on keep doing what you are doing now
None excellent class